Thursday, April 1, 2010

Faux Flower

Another very simple card with a faux accent. This time I made a faux straw flower. It is very simple to do, all you need are circle punches and scissors to snip the edges. When I went to design this card for a technique class, I was very low on my cardstock supply. I finally decided on the color Old Olive because I knew I would have enough for the card base. I then went to Stampin' Up's Demonstrator website and found a color combination chart. That is where I got this color combination. I would never have put these colors together on my own, but I really like the combo. After doing this, I decided I need to stretch myself using different color combinations. It is so easy to stuck in a rut. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Sincere Salutations
CARDSTOCK: Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Bermuda Breeze, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
INK: Old Olive
ACCESSORIES: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Bermuda Bay Polka Dotted Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Pretties Kit (1/2 pearl), Paper Snips, Perfect Polka Dotted Impressions Folder

This was the third card that we made at my Technique classes in March. This card barely had any stamping, only the sentiment. Hope you enjoyed the card and go out and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment