Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby Shower Gift for Lori

I have been wanting to post these pictures right after the shower but the picture of the actual gift did not come out. I had to wait until I saw Lori to be able to get a picture of the actual gift. My side line and friend Susan made a gift for Lori for her Baby Shower. Susan had been working on this gift when we were together at Regionals. While working on it, she told us she needed to finish it for a woman she worked with, so it was a total surprise wen I saw she gave it to Lori. Susan started the gift off with a baby card she made along with the gift bag she made also. Here it is. Susan used an old retired favorite DSP of mine called "Afternoon Tea". It used former In-Colors-Groovy Guava and Soft Sky. I miss those 2 colors. Anyway, the friends and family attending the shower were impressed that she made everything, gift, card and gift bag. After the guests were awed by the handmade card and gift bag, Lori pulled a handmade crocheted baby bunting! Susan used the same colors to crochet the bunting that I used on the shower invitation. And the final "Lori" touch was the Turtle buttons that she used on the bunting which I took a picture of also. What a perfect gift using the colors and the turtle which Lori loves. Thank you Susan.

Just a note to let you know that I have not posted for a while due to some unexpected events at home. My 90 year old father fell again and fortunately did not break his hip or anything major but this week we have spent numerous hours in the emergency room, Dr's office and X ray rooms. He has numerous cuts, bruises, black eyes, lump on his head, cut on the bridge of his nose, swollen hand and finger. There is the possibility of a broken wrist but still waiting to hear the results of that test. Sorry for the lack of posts but this family emergency has taken over my time. Hopefully I will be able to post sooner next time. Take care and enjoy your day!


2 comments:

  1. Wow-Susan made that, it's awesome!!! Congrats on the birth of your first grandchild. Sorry to hear about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is the sweetest little bunting....I love those kind of hand made gifts.....Emma had a whole collection of handmade booties ;)

    Eli is adorable, and I hope your Dad is better soon!

    ReplyDelete