Friday, October 15, 2010

October Technique Class- Project 1

This is one of the cards that we will be making this month at my Technique classes. This is called a Shadow Card. It is a quick and easy way to make a three dimensional card which will fold flat and fit in an envelope. It is fun card to give and your friends and family will love to display it. The set that I used for this card is an older set but still in the catalog. I loved this set as soon as I saw it. It reminds me of all the older farms in Fall that are in the area that I live. I actually used 3 different stamp sets for this card even though there is not much stamping on the card. The stamp sets that I used for this card were "Days of Gratitude" ( the acorn ), "Harvest Home" ( the farm scene ), and "Autumn Days" (the leaves ).

Cards and scrapbook pages come in all different types. Some are simple and some are more complex. There is nothing wrong with a simple card. This one card is very simple but makes a statement. If you wanted you could add a sentiment to the front or stamp your sentiment or message on the back. This card looks better in person. It is hard to see the depth of the card which creates the Shadow Box effect.

I am off to do those pesky annoying chores that have to be done today. But I am hoping that this weekend I will be able to get some fun stamping done. My next big project for the next 2 weeks is to finish the centerpieces for the shower. There is always something that needs to be done. I hope all of you can go out today and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment