Monday, September 6, 2010

Turtle Invites

If you have been following my blog, you should know by now that I have been working on a lot of shower invitations. Well finally, I am showing you how my invitations came out. You might be wondering what kind of invitations they are since the turtles don't give it away. These are the invitations to my youngest daughter's Baby Shower!! Yes, I am going to be a grandmother for the first time! I am so excited. If you can't tell by looking at the invites, the baby is a boy! My husband is so excited since we have two girls and he always wanted a boy. My daughter loves turtles for some reason and even had one as a pet for 8 years. So my oldest daughter decided to plan a baby shower with a turtle theme. My job was to design and make the invites. So after many, many hours of cutting and gluing, here it is. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Fox & Friends, Family Phrases
PAPER: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Bashful Blue DSP
INK: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
ACCESSORIES: Scallop Edge Punch, Large Oval Punch, White 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Blue Gingham Ribbon

Stampin' Up no longer carries the Bashful Blue Gingham Ribbon but I felt it perked up the white ribbon. It just needed a little punch and I thought that ribbon was perfect. I did run out of that ribbon and I accented the last two invites with Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon. I likes the Family Phrases sentiments because of the childlike fell to the font. It seemed to fit this whimsical invitation. The baby is due close to Christmas but I wanted to get the invitations done now so that I did not have to worry about getting them done at the last minute. I hope you like them and I hope she does too.

Check back tomorrow when I post Technique Class Card 2. Today I will be working on some swaps for Regionals. Two of my friends will be coming over to stamp with me this afternoon. I don't get to see them that much since they went back to work 2 weeks ago and I am retired. So today should be a fun day. Go out and enjoy your day!


2 comments: