Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Polka Dotted Halloween

I like polka dots.  I remember the first dress I ever made in Home Ec (that really dates me!) was pink with big white polka dots.  At the time I thought it was beautiful but looking back it was NOT a good choice.  But I still like them but maybe I do not use them as much as I did when I was younger.  This year Stampin' Up came out with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder and a Polka Dot Mask.  And now I am back in love with dots. 

At convention, I attended an evening class on a variety of techniques and products.  It was there I found a new way to create my beloved dots.  By using the Polka Dot Mask and a marker, you too can create the background for this card.  You place the Mask on your card stock and then using the Basic Black Marker crosshatch inside the open circles.  The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Fall Fest, Halloween Street
PAPER:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
INK:  Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:  Fall Fest Framelits, Dimensionals, 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon, Polka Dot Mask, Basic Black Marker

Just another way to use the Masks (some use the term stencil) in a very creative way.  If you know me, you know that I like products that have versatility.  And these masks can be used in a variety of ways.  Just love, love, love that.  

Check out the Weekly deals today.  I think you will like them.  Contact me if you would like to place an order.  I will be placing an order on Sunday evening.  But for now...Enjoy the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment