Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Mellow Christmas

I cased this card from the SU mag for demos. I changed a lot of things but the idea is basically from the magazine. I loved the idea of the tone on tone card. I used Mellow Moss for the card base and then I ran a piece of Mellow Moss through the Big Shot using the Petals A Plenty Textured Impressions Folder and adhered that piece to the card. I also used the " Berry Christmas" stamp set. I changed the size and shape of the card that the stamped image on the ivory card stock. I used the Merry Details Sizzlet and ran it through to get the small red bird and I attached that using a dimensional. The sentiment came from "A Cardinal Christmas" stamp set. I really liked the Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke and Real Red color combination. It creates a very soothing Christmas card. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Berry Christmas, A Cardinal Christmas
PAPER: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Very Vanilla
INK: Always Artichoke, Real Red
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Petals A Plenty Impression Folder, Red Gingham Ribbon, Scallop Border Punch, Merry Details Sizzlet

Sometimes when you make a Christmas card, it doesn't always have to shout out with bold colors or designs. Sometimes you can make more of a statement and a feeling when you use subtle colors and a simple design. I like the changes that I made to the original. The colors are ones that I would use more. I did use the tone on tone technique which drew me to that card in the first place. I can't wait to try that technique on more of my cards.

The weather here is rainy and gloomy today. I guess that is why my Mellow Christmas Card is the perfect card for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment