Thursday, August 20, 2009

Close As A Memory

This summer has been a difficult one for losing friends and also friends losing their loved ones. I feel that these things often happen in cycles. This summer has been one of those down cycles. I have attended too many services and sent out too many of this type of card this summer. This is one of the cards that I sent out. It is a simple card but I feel that a simple card is often the best to send for this occasion. I used the Pulled Pastels technique for this card. I took Whisper White card stock and covered it with pastels. I then took my stamp, covered it with Versamark, and then stamped it onto the pastel covered card stock. It then pulls the pastel off of the card leaving a subtle image. I think stamped the sentiment using Elegant Eggplant. the card was made using a Z-fold technique. I used Sahara Sand for the base of the card and Elegant Eggplant with Old Olive to frame the stamped image. I used the stamp set "CLOSE AS A MEMORY" for this card.

I had made this card a few months ago for a technique class. I had made a few more after class with the extra pieces that I had left. I always feel it is a good idea to made more than one when stamping. You can always find an occasion to use the extra cards later and it is good to have extra cards on hand. Hopefully, I will be able to find some time today to make a few extra cards. You never know when you will need a card. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment